Sunday, January 20, 2008

A spider big enough to eat.

Anjuna, night time. My house has no electricity either I found out when I return home well after darkness. Lighting a candle I discover a spider scrurrying around on my sleepingbag big enough to kill, cook and eat it, a decent meal for a hungry traveller like me. Thanks be to Lord Shiva for the chai shop just a mere 30 meters from my house. The place is just a wooden shack but they make food and have an electric lightbulb that even works - that can be consider a small miracle in India. I can eat, read my books and even write and draw in my scrapbooks. I meet a young couple at the chai shop that come from England that lodge here because they`re low on cash. I invite for a few hits from my chilam. When I return home the enormous spider is still around, no big surprise there. Now I even have a pet in this house.

No comments: