Friday, January 25, 2008

The Bumbu monkey.

Vagator Beach, 25-01-1995. Visiting the Anjuna market this morning I ran into Kristoff and his sister. I was hanging out with Kristoff and his sister back at Kutly Beach a few short weeks ago. Having A King Fisher beer - even in Anjuna it`s named on the menu as a "Big B. Juice" - with them at a nearby chai shop Kristoff told me he had found back his Bumbu monkey. I seem to recall him telling me back at Kutly Beach, he lost that monkey about 8 months ago. As always the flea market at Anjuna was a spectacular affair full with european holiday makers and kashmiri carpet sellers. I watch with admiration how these shrewd kashmiri business people manage to talk all these office pricks from Europe into buying carpets the size of a soccer field - I might exaggerate a bit here but still....quite an accomplishment!!! Late at night when I try to sleep and ignore the mad barking of stray dogs i can hera a voice sceaming "shut the fuck up, you fucking dogs" I silently agree.

No comments: