Wednesday, January 30, 2008

The shoe shine wallah.

Hubli, 02-02-1995. After all the partying, drugs, sex and King Fishers in Goa, I`m finally moving again and experiencing the real India one more time. Not that I was in a particular good mood today. Not an easy task having to face the chaoticness of India when you are in a foul mood. Persistent street sellers and rickshah wallahs that, with a cronic lack of customers, have nothing better to do than try to persuade you need their rickshaw. They don`t mind following you around either, not else to do for them after all...Hubli is basically a place to change busses and I`ll only stay here overnight. Hotel Ajanta is a huge building where I pay 60 Rp. for a dirty single. Like always in these indian hotels they gave me - the western tourist - a room on the highest floor. "other rooms not available, sir", they tell me waggling their heads like only an indian can do. You know they lie but there is nada to do about it. Luckily this hotel has an elevator and naturally the elevator has an elevator attentant and for sure I`ll wake up early to the noice of the shoe shine wallah "polish, POOOOOOLISH'!!!!! Like I said; the real India.

1 comment:

Juan Gabriel Llorca said...

I'm loving this blog. Will you consider posting some pictures? I'd love to to see the European sadhus, and a couple of holy chillums!
Where are you from?