Saturday, April 12, 2008

The Vipassana centre.

Jaipur, 28-03-1995. "Yeah, come with us, Hans", Choly says over breakfast. "Naturally we won`t speak hebrew but english because of you". Warily I come along with Choly and two other israeli women to the Vipassana centre. Two km. before reaching the place Choly gets into a massive arguement with the auto-rickshaw wallah over the price and we all end up walking through beautiful surroundings while the rickshaw wallah is busy screaming a mix of hindu and english insults after us. Naturally Choly and his two lady-friends speak hebrew all the time. At least I manage to see Rona who gives me her heavy backpack to carry back to my hotel where, she promises me, she will soon join me later during the day. Off course later means it is gonna be too dark to leave the Vipassana centre so it will have to be TOMORROW!!! Pissed off beyond believe I drag myself back to Jaipur big heavy Rona backpack on my back. By the time I arrive I know for sure the is the worst of days to fuck around with me. A lady in the restaurant of my hotel tries it anyway, joining me at my table and then telling me to go outside because she doesn`t like my cold. I tell her to get stuffed. The day is still not over and I need a few beers to relax.......I know the bloke at the infamous Beer and Wine shop down the road will surely overcharge me so I ask Amid - one of Rona`s Vipassana friends and an indian - to buy them for me at the right price. India has changed from a pardise into hell. I`ve definitely been here to long and it is time to go home!!! Amid is an indian freak and Choly a nervous wreck, Aubrey - yet another one of Rona`s Vipassana friends - a determined dope head. I return to my room and instead of having wonderful sex with Rona I end up smoking DATURA I plucked in Pushkar and dried on top of the roof of my hotel there, alone in my room. Still no Rona but the state I am in now it might well be better she arrives tomorrow.

No comments: