Thursday, April 24, 2008

Divine inspiration.

India, Kovalam,
18-04-1995.

Sketchbook at the ready I sit on the beach and wait for divine inspiration, scenes to sketch.

Actually there is so much to sketch that it would be better to say I can`t choose and wait for Lord Shiva to tell me where to lock my eyes on and start drawing...

Like the middle class families that have come by bus from Trivandrum for a family`s outing to the beach. Husband carrying a freezer with food and drinks dressed in his best suit, wife - dressed in her best sari and busy with her kids - dragging an enormous suitcase with all the necesities for a day on the Kovalam beach. It reminds me of my own childhood, but only temporarely...

The memories disappear fast in the dark and endless void - I`m sure of it - is hidden somewhere in the fast volumes of open space that make up my mind. Well, at least I got my inspiration now!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: