Friday, April 25, 2008

Animals in Kovalam.

India,Kovalam, 19-04-1995.

When I wake up at four o`clock in the morning, still drowsy but already desperate for a Kerala grass joint, I see a huge cockroach walking on the wall of my room.

A dark green frog hides under a table in one of the beach restaurants while half a yard away a crab desperately digs a hole in the sand trying to save itself from being stepped on by one of the many passing waiters.

In the morning I`ve breakfast and watch two black/grey colored crows tip the lid of the sugar-bowl on the table, gorging themselves on the sweet delicacy inside while a third crow, perched high on chair, keeps a look out for the restaurant`s waiters.

I guess there is no spiritual quest - or the disappointment of failure - in their animal minds, just the daily worries of getting enough food inside, necessary energy for movement and procreation...

No comments: