Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A three day train trip part two.

Nighttime, somewhere across the Indian Sub-continent.

It`s three o`clock in the morning and the whole train is dead asleep when the train makes a stop in an extreme small village. I`m fast asleep myself in in the middle of an erotic dream featuring myself and half a dozen beautiful women spanning as many different nationalities and skin colours, when I wake up with a start to a very loud and very persistent CHAI...chaiCHAICHAIchai....CHAICHAIchai. It`s the local chai wallah CHAICHAICHAI again.

How this particular nasty fella has managed to get across all that junk outside in the gangway, all the people sleeping there with their animals, his only illumination the dimmed light from the station`s platform, I`ve no idea....nor do I care much. I`ve serious intentions to take his bloody head off...but let`s not do that, I`m a guest in this country nor do I wanna end up in an indian jail for manslaughtering a crazy chai wallah, let`s leave it to the locals, surely they`ll kill this nutcase. Well, no, everybody wakes up, gets a dirty one Rp. note, buys a chai and goes back to sleep.

No comments: