Saturday, April 12, 2008

I`m still in India.

Jaipur, 31-03-1995. When Lesly - one of Rona`s many Vipassana friends - and Rona are together it`s absolutely impossible for me to say even a single word. I decide to leave them to their Vipassana argy-bargy and get out for a walk in the old city. As always, all my senses get attacked by smells, sights and sounds. It`s India for real out here. The open gutters with the heavy odour of human faeces, the persistents smells of human habitation remind me constantly that I`m still in India. I walk up the many stairs to Tiger Fort located on top of a hill with wonderful vistas of Jaipur. I wait a bit to let a local pass on his way down guiding a flock of goats and eventually find myself a place to sit down on top of a Tiger Fort wall. I watch the madness of Jaipur down in the valley and wonder.

No comments: