Sunday, February 24, 2008

Stray cats in India.

Keoladeo Bird Sanctuary, 26-02-1995. With Rona off to the nearby city on a shopping spree, looking for souvenirs for her many friends back in Scotland, I have the day to myself. Having the day to myself means I can also be more adventurous and explore the more remote areas of the sanctuary, the areas where most visitors never go. The reason most foreigners and indian holiday makers never go there is because they nearly always like to take a guide and the guides can`t be bother to go to all the trouble. Show the visitor the nearby lakes and some birds, the sand snake that lives near the park entrance and "Oh, look ,sir, a wild cat". Probably a stray cat from the city that decided life for a cat can be much more tranquil in the sanctuary than in a dusty and chaotic indian city where the crazy motorised traffic is major indian-stray-cat-killer!!! I`m lucky today and spot a magnificient brown fish eagle.

No comments: