Monday, December 24, 2007

White eagles at Thirukkkalikundram.

Mahabalipuram, 05-12-1994. I`ve started thinking about leaving tomorrow but ain`t sure yet. Supposae I`ve to figure out which place first to go to...18 km. inland from Mahabalipuram is this place called Thirukkalikundram with lots of interesting indian country life in between and therefore a good daytrip by bicycle! Two big white eagles come to the hill temple - you get there by going up 500 stairs on foot, you could also get up by being carried up - to be hand-fed by a local priest at noon every day. I climbed the 500 stairs leaving my bike downstairs but these eagles were nowhere to be seen. The local priest was there, however demanding baksheesh from me. He, after all had also climbed these 500 stairs to hand-feed these white eagles that I still have to see. hahahaha!!!!! This is India after all!!!

No comments: