Thursday, December 06, 2007

The lungy and the sari.

Colombo, 04-11-1994. Got my visa today and I`m glad about it. While waiting for it - bring it in the morning and pick it up in the afternoon - I went to a bar and got myself drunk on local beer together with an american who lives in Hawaii and walks with a bad limp. Nonetheless he claimed to be a notorious and well experienced martial artist. His opponents probably kick his legs from under him in case of a fight, I know I would!!! The sri lankan people are pretty much dressed like the people from south India. They wear mostly lungies, a piece of cloth wrapped around the hips and aproximately a meter in lenght and width. sometimes they wrap it double, a bit like the difference between long- and short pants. Off course the ladies`favourite garment is the sari.

No comments: