Friday, December 21, 2007

Auroville.

Pondircherry, 28-11-1994. Despite the absolutely hopelessly chaotic traffic situation on the roads of India, we decided to take our chances and hire a bicycle to go to Auroville, an international settlement of idealists about 13 km. from Pondicherry. Ian, a New Sealand amigo of mine, moved out of Auroville leaving his 30 year younger wive behind with another - probably younger man - according to one of Auroville`s residents. I met Ian and his charming local wife during my last visit to Auroville 5 years ago. The famous Matri Mandir - I would personally rather use the word "notorious" - is after several years of internal strife in the upper echelons of Auroville`s hierachy finally nearing its completion. To me and my most charming amiga it still looks like a blemish on the very green and fertile landscape of Auroville. Wildlife aplenty with even a sighting of a mother mongoose with two offspring.

No comments: