Thursday, December 13, 2007

Following me around foolhardedly.

Kovalam, 10-11-1994. Slowly getting back to my roots. India, a fascinating country - most of the time I think of India as a continent - of which I haven`t gotten enough yet. Passport control and customs went smoothly as well as getting a triwheeler to Kovalam at a reasonable price. Nor did finding a place to crash pose much of a problem, a nice room among the coconut trees, my gear thrown all over my double bed and a tola of good Kerala grass. Terry - the bloke whose face I smashed back in Unawatuna, is in Kovalam too. Funny because I already saw him in Negombo, does the fool follow me around foolhardedly? Kovalam`s main attraction doesn`t seem to be the beach, there are three actually divided by big rock formations. But good Kerala grass with the whole Kovalam native population trying to push dope. From the numerous shop owners to the fishermen on the beach. And not just plain grass but also hashish, hash oil, extacy, and much more no doubt but at that time I have already disappaered among the coconut trees. Local women on the beach selling fruit salads - 15 Rp soll der richtige Preis sein - delicious I`m sure but their real money comes from the grass they hide underneath the fruit. Of course being back in India means meeting these weird accentrics who are comonly called Sahdus and like to spend most of their time smoking pot.

No comments: