Wednesday, December 05, 2007

Waking up to black colored monkeys.

Unawatuna,31-10-1994. Together with Micheal and Terry I went on another day trip to Galle. I took this travel journal with me to make sketches and drawings which i do best being on my own so I soon seperated myself from them to explore Galle on my own. The following page shows my drawings of Galle and as soon as they were finished I bought myself some cold beers and looked around for a suitable place to consume them. A nice spot on the city wall looked good for drinking beer, watch the life beneath me and contemplate my trip so far. It was not like sitting under a mango tree back in Thailand but contemplate I did up there. I the morning - like every morning since I`ve been logding in Unawatuna - I wake up the screams of black colored monkeys, they seem to live in the tree behind my guest house.

No comments: