Thursday, March 06, 2008

All this weird shit.....

Pushkar, 18-03-1995. The closer I get to my departure time and subsequent arrival back home, the stranger the world seems to become, the weirder everyting that has happened to me during this GRAND TRIP seems to be!!! I walk through Pushkar with a woman on my arm, Rona from Scotland, a great woman who loves to chat which means that I know everything there is to know about her and, still, she is a complete stranger to me. I feel as though I`m the stranger who walks around with the living without them knowing I`m not really there anymore. Cows in the street that look at me with their big bulging eyes, fighting stray dogs and docile donkeys, big and bulky bulls full of hard muscle with their male equipment hanging out of its hairy sheath, follow cows in heat. Thieving monkeys and dark green Bangh Lassies....Nothing of all this can possibly be real. A one-eyed sadhu preparing his morning ganja sigarette is surrounded by french dope heads that are so broke they even lack the money for a morning chai. Soon I`ll be back home and far away from all this weird shit.....

No comments: