Thursday, March 06, 2008

Lord Shiva and his steel iron lungs.

Pushkar, same day night time. Staying at Rona`s hotel means I`ve to cross half the village to get to the Brahma temple for my morning chai and early chat with my friend, the Brahma sadhu who takes care of the temple. With Rona being busy in the morning with her Vipasana meditation together with her israeli friends I can safely get myself out of the way. The chai at the Brahma temple is still hot and sweet, his charas gets me high even before my first Bangh Lassie of the day and his stories still fascinate me......ONCE UPON A TIME LORD SHIVA SPENT TWO THOUSEND YEARS MEDITATING ON TOP OF HIS HOLY MOUNTAIN, MOUNT KAILASH, HIS HIMALAYA RETREAT. AFTER THESE TWO THOUSAND YEARS OF HEAVY MEDITATION, LORD SHIVA CAME DOWN MOUNT KAISLASH LONG RASTA HAIR AND UNKEPT BEARD AND 2000 YEARS OF DIRT COVERING HIS BODY. WHEN HE REACHED THE FOOT HILLS OF MOUNT KAILASH HE DECIDED TO SPEND THE NEXT 165 YEARS SMOKING CHILAM!!! Trying desperately to make notes of his story and smoke his chilam at the same time i try to figure out the - no doubt - hidden meaning of his story but that is obviously way beyond me like it has been with most other stories he has been telling me.....only one thing is cristal clear to me, this bloke, Lord Shiva, must have steel iron lungs!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Opulently I acquiesce in but I dream the post should have more info then it has.