Monday, January 15, 2007

A heavy situation

Dudhwa National Park, 08-03-1994.Trying to check in at Dudhwa N.P. headquarters a whole bunch of young well dressed indians-probably middle class by the looks of it-followed me into the office keen on having a bit of fun on behalf of the foreign tourist namely me. After a lot of stupid giggling while i was trying to check in and get some sort of cheap accomodation, one of them got brave and, trying to show off to his mates, slapped me gently under my chin. That did it. I immidiately lost my temper and threw them all out of the office using quite a bit of violence and harsh words. Iwas already from the little morning adventure back at the hotel in Palia where the owner while i checked out all of a sudden demamnded my passport and that i fill out all sorts of pappers. I was pretty sure some sort of money extrating scheme was in the iar so i refuse and threathened to not pay for the 2 chai i drank in the restaurant the night before. To save face he gave his employees a hard time, at least that brightened my mood. Back at Dudhwa N>P> the manager of the park headquarters gave the well dressed youths a hard time for slapping me unprovoked in the face telling them they got the wipping i gave them welldeserved, that too brightened my mood considerably.

No comments: