Friday, April 13, 2007

Malana.

Malana, 18-04-1994.A hard day of walking with my backpack on my back, brought me to Malana brought me to Malana where the houses and the people should not be touched-punishabe by Malana law with a fine of 1000 Rp. The villagers are a strange and weird lot, they inbreed, but the village is probably the most intence experience i ever had. On entering i thought i was on another planet or something. Not just the people and their dresses and jewelery, not just the looks they give you but the wholew ambience/admosphere is completely diferent as i have yet experienced! I must have looked like a complete idiot the way i staggered into the village and gaped around. The place has no running water nor electricity and the locals seem to spend most of their time sitting around and rolling charras. They have a guest house, 60 Rp. for board and lodging, the owner is the government representative and not from the village itself. Apart from me there are some Italian alternatives around that, i have no doubt have come to Malana to buy bags full with tolas of charras.

No comments: