Friday, November 30, 2007

The local Peeping Tom.

Colombo, 23-10-1994. Back to Colombo, mainly for my visa to India which considering indian bureaucracy and stupidity, might well take quite a while as well as many misunderstandings, in comprehensibily and losing my temper. Back at the Big John guest house - where the hell did they ever get this stupid name from? - the old american woman who stays here sort of semi-permanently, has never even been away. Last week I was here, she got herself blind drunk on cheap Lankan Arak and made quite the fool out of herself - now this is actually an understatement, she was hilarious. I thought at one time she was gonna fall of her chair. Just to kill time I took a bus to Mut Lavina which is about three km. from Dehiwela, the closest beach to Colombo. However, i was unimpressed and definitely wasting my valueable time. Some beach restaurant even tried to charge me 25 Rp. for a bloody coke. The beach itself was dirty with only a few foreign tourists and the little bit of bikini-cladwhite-skinned female tourist flesh was well surrounded by frustated lankan males who were busy looking like absolut fools and obviously only there to play the role of the local version of Peeping Tom.

No comments: